Please review these policies carefully as they are the terms of sale that govern your purchases at London Centre of International Studies. Your placement of an order with London Centre of International Studies constitutes your agreement that these policies apply to the order, so be certain you understand them before you place your order.
Please note there may be limitations on your right to obtain a refund.
1. Payment deadline: Invoices are valid for only 7 days from the invoice date. All course fees must be paid in full no later than 30 days before the course starts. If a booking is made less than 30 days before the course starts, the fees are immediately payable. Your booking is not confirmed until London Centre of International Studies has confirmed receipt of full payment and sent you a booking confirmation. Failure to pay on time may cause cancellation of the course and forfeiture of fees.
2. Visa information: It is the responsibility of the student to arrange all applicable travel permits or visas and to have a valid passport. Once we have received the enrollment and full payment, we will provide you with supporting documents to assist you with the student’s visa application:
o For UK: Letter of acceptance or confirmation of acceptance of studies
o For USA: Certificate of eligibility (Form I-20)
o For Australia: Confirmation of enrollment
o For New Zealand: Fees receipt
o For any other country: Invitation letter or letter of acceptance
3. Travel and medical insurance: Travel and medical insurance is compulsory for the duration of the stay regardless of course length or course/visa type. You can buy valid insurance from London Centre of International Studies. Details of coverage are available upon request. The student is required to show proof of medical insurance at the school upon arrival. Learn more about our insurance plan
4. Additional services: Any additional services (airport transfers, travel, laundry, telephone costs, excursions, medical costs, special diet, exam fees, and change of accommodation and enrollment amendments) are not included unless specifically stated on the invoice.
1. Rules and regulations: All students are subject to the rules and regulations governing the particular school attended.
2. Arrivals and departures: All accommodation is booked from the Sunday before the course start date until the Saturday morning after the course end date, unless otherwise noted.
3. Late arrivals, vacations and absences: If the student begins the course late or is absent during the course, no refund will be made for the time missed. Periods of absence cannot be made up with a free extension of the course.
4. Meals and classes missed: No refunds or substitutions will be made for meals or classes missed due to exams, excursions, internships, first day orientation or other obligations that fall outside the normal schedule.
5. Public holidays: Classes are normally not held and most school facilities are closed on public holidays. All published course start dates fall on a Monday, unless otherwise stated. If the Monday is a public holiday, the start date will fall on a Tuesday. Compensation will not be made for classes not offered on public holidays.
6. Campus facilities: Students attending a course at a school located on a university or college campus are advised that campus facilities may not be available during campus holidays.
7. Change fees: A minimum of 4 weeks’ notice is required for any change. If you request a change of course dates, accommodation or program type, you will be charged a change fee of USD150, GBP100, or EUR150, which is payable at the time the request is made. This fee is not refundable. For any changes requested once the course has started, please contact the language school directly on site.
You will be responsible for any cost changes between your initial and final booking. All changes require approval of the School Director. There is no change fee for extending a course, but replacement fees may be charged for last minute homestay extensions.
Any change resulting in a reduction of lessons will be treated as a termination and rebooking, and will thus be subject to the standard terms & conditions governing terminations (see Termination Policy).
8. Substitution policy: If, after the placement test taken on arrival at the school, a student is found to be at a level which is not appropriate for their booked course, the school reserves the right to place the student in an appropriate level class, which may have fewer lessons and a different curriculum.
9. Program changes: London Centre of International Studies has the right to change course start dates, course curricula and programs at any time due to errors, omissions and circumstances beyond our control. However, in cases where the course is rescheduled prior to the start of the first course and the new date is unacceptable to the student, all fees will be refunded.
10. Prices: London Centre of International Studies has the right to change prices due to tax increases, governmental actions or other events beyond London Centre of International Studies’s control.
11. Books and learning materials: Some courses may require the purchase of books and other learning materials.
12. Expulsion/Suspension: Any student who commits a criminal offense, violates the school policy, has a very poor attendance record or fails to pay an amount he or she is directly or indirectly liable for, may be expelled or suspended. No refund will be given and the immigration authorities will be informed.
13. Liability: The liability of London Centre of International Studies, their directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents and partners with respect to losses, damages, injuries, illnesses or violations or otherwise is limited in all circumstances to the full amount paid to London Centre of International Studies for the particular program. Such persons will in no circumstances have any liability for indirect or consequential losses or damages. Such persons will in no circumstances be liable for any services provided by third parties, such as but not limited to services provided by schools, accommodation providers, and insurance companies.
14. Force majeure: London Centre of International Studies is not liable in cases where London Centre of International Studies is unable to fulfill any services to which they are contractually bound because of fire, natural disaster, and act of government, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes or other reasons which are beyond its control.
Refunds will be made to the account from which the fees were originally received. All refunds will be made within 5 business days of written notification
We understand that plans change and you may have to postpone, cancel or prematurely terminate your booking with us. Our school partners require us to charge certain fees in order to cover their costs in these cases.
For cancellations and postponements due to visa rejections, 100% of the tuition, accommodation, airport transfer, and materials fees will be refunded less any additional cancellation fees charged by the school. To qualify for any refund, a written notification and receipt of relevant supporting documentation must be presented to London Centre of International Studies at least 14 days before the arrival date listed on the booking confirmation form.
Cancellations and postponements due to visa rejections only apply to students who have applied for the appropriate visa category. If a student applies for the incorrect visa category, it will be treated as a non-visa related cancellation / postponement.
For non-visa related cancellations made at least 42 days before the arrival date on the booking confirmation form, 100% of the tuition, accommodation, airport transfer, and materials fees will be refunded less any additional cancellation fees charged by the school.
For non-visa related cancellations made from 14 to 41 days or more before the arrival date on the booking confirmation form, 50% of the tuition, and 100% of accommodation, airport transfer, and materials fees will be refunded less any additional cancellation fees charged by the school.
For any cancellation or postponement communicated less than 14 days prior to the arrival date or early termination after the arrival date, no fees will be refunded. Students who terminate their program early may not be eligible to receive a certificate of completion.
In all cases (including students with cancellation insurance), the express mail fee, accommodation placement fee, registration fee, bank transfer or credit card fee, differences due to currency exchange rate changes, change fees, insurance fees, and any other service charges are nonrefundable. In addition, a £ 55 bank transfer fee applies to all refunds sent by bank transfer. For nationalities of high-risk countries who do not have a valid visa prior to booking a course, an additional administrative fee of £ 500 is non-refundable in all cases.